Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Name:
Location: Sparks, Nevada, United States

Todd is a manager in the technology field with qualifications in data networking, voice over IP telephony, technical sales, blogging, and marketing, both print and electronic.







Ask More Questions

The Power of Positive Visualization

Welcome Fellow Closers




Downloads
Technology News
Templates
Web Hosting
Articles
Games
Blogger
Google



Blogger

FinalSense

Amazon

Yahoo

Ebay

Thursday, June 29, 2006
What Makes You Uncomfortable?
It is my firm belief that the difference between being average and being great is a willingness to do the things that make you uncomfortable. Average ordinary people avoid the things that make them uncomfortable. Successful people attack those things.

I make about fifty phone calls every day. There are always a few of them that make me squirm. People that were rude or gruff, or for whatever reason, I just don't want to make those calls. I make those calls first. Not quite first, but in the first, say five calls. I pick up the phone and make a couple of easy calls first. People I know will be happy to hear from me or maybe don't usually pick up the phone. Those first couple get me loosened up. Then it is right into whatever call I fear the most. I keep scrolling through my calls and stopping on the ones that make my heart rate jump. As soon as I get that feeling, I make that call. I keep doing that until my heart rate stays even as I view all of my calls.

You see, I used to pass those phone calls up. Usually until I had no choice but to make them. What would happen is every time I would scroll past those calls, my anxiety level would step up a notch. I would spend the entire day getting more anxious and riddled with fear. Then, when I couldn't wait any longer, I would make those calls. The funny thing was, once those calls were done, I had an incredible feeling of relief.

Then one day, I remember my own saying. I starting making those calls first. Now I make it through the day with very little anxiety and my sales are climbing. It is amazing what a huge difference a little adjustment can make.

So, what makes you uncomfortable?
0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home